We are delighted to invite entries to White Rose Awards 2017.
Please take the time to have a look the entry criteria and make sure you are entering the award that fits your business best. Please also download the Guidance Notes which should help you when putting your entry together and note that we are inviting only one entry per business plus Outstanding Customer Service if you choose.
The strict deadline for entries is Friday 26th May 2017.
Please provide one hard copy of your application, together with 6 pieces (12 if double sided in a plastic insert in your entry file) of supporting documentation to:
Welcome to Yorkshire
Dry Sand Foundry
Leeds, LS11 5DL
All applicants will receive a letter in late June informing them of the outcome of the shortlisting process. Shortlisted applicants are also required to provide a further 3 hard copies of their original application and supporting documentation so please do keep a record of what you included.
If you are not successful in the shortlisting process, and you would like your entry returned, please can you ensure you collect it from the above address by the last working week in August before it will be disposed of/recycled.
We recommend that you refer to the guidance notes page, which will assist you in putting together your 2017 entry.
Close date for entries is Friday 26th May.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Claudine via email.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Important: please read the conditions of entry before you download your application form. Please tick the box at the bottom of the page to agree to the terms.
1. You MUST be a member of Welcome to Yorkshire to be eligible to enter the 2017 White Rose Awards.
2. New businesses, providing they have been in operation for the entire period highlighted in point 3, are eligible to submit entries into all relevant award categories.
3. The 2017 awards relates to the 12-month period of business between 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017.
4. Shortlisted businesses in the following 6 categories: ‘Large Hotel', ‘Small Hotel', ‘B&B/Guest Accommodation', ‘Pub', ‘Restaurant' and ‘Inn and Restaurant with Rooms, Taste of Yorkshire' must agree to waive the costs associated with the mystery shopper visit exercise required for the final judging. Typically, this will include overnight accommodation (Hotels and B&B/Guest Accommodation categories only) food and drink etc.
Please contact Claudine Shaw on 07769 257 383 for clarification if required.
5. All submissions must be made using the official entry forms available to download from this site (below).
6. One completed entry form, together with six individual pieces of supporting documentation (or six double sided A4 sheets with supporting information scanned onto each side) per category, must be sent in the post to Claudine Shaw. A completed entry form (not supporting documentation) must also be emailed to email@example.com
7. Please note that the name you submit in the section "Name of Property/Business" will be how your entry will be referred to in the press, programme and at the actual award ceremony itself.
8. When submitting a Business location, please remember this will be how your entry will be referred to in the press, programme and at the actual award ceremony itself. We reserve the right to ‘regionalise' your location in the interest of public geographical knowledge!
9. Three additional copies of your application with supporting documentation will be required ONLY IF your business is shortlisted as a finalist. Please ensure you have a record of your initial submission as the additional copies will need to be identical.
10. Please choose your supporting documentation carefully, ensuring any brochures, printed materials, guest comments, press cuttings are for the relevant 12-month period and do not exceed more than 6 carefully selected pieces.
11. Businesses can only enter one category plus Outstanding Customer Service. Judges reserve the right to switch the category should they wish to shortlist your business but feel it would be better in a different category. You will be notified of this.
12. Accommodation entries do not need to be accredited by VisitBritain or any quality assessment scheme.
13. Those businesses shortlisted will be entitled to brief feedback, if requested, within 14 days from the date of the awards ceremony.
14. There will no longer be any automatic shortlisting from any other sub-regional awards.
Download an application form
There are 17 categories to choose from:
Registered Office: Welcome to Yorkshire, Dry Sand Foundry, Foundry Square, Holbeck, Leeds, LS11 5DL, United Kingdom.
Company Limited by Guarantee no: 2896762 | VAT No. 170 4702 85
Tel: 0113 322 3500 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org