Terms and Conditions
“Competition” means The White Rose Awards and the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence “Organiser” means Welcome to Yorkshire
By submitting an application to the Competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Applications for the Competition must be submitted within the time and date ranges specified at www.yorkshire.com/wra-application
• Applications must be submitted https://wra.yorkshire.com/apply
• It is free to apply to all of the Competition categories.
• You must be open for business at some point between June 17th and September 9th 2019, so the mystery shoppers can visit if required. If you are closed for any part of this period, please ensure this is highlighted in the ‘closures’ box on your application.
• Applications may be submitted by any individual representing the business applying and the individual who submits the application will also become the contact whom all correspondence from the Organiser and VisitEngland concerning the Competition will be addressed to.
• You or a colleague must inform the Organiser immediately of any changes to the applicant contact information during the Competition
• Employees or representatives/agents of the Organiser and VisitEngland are not eligible to submit an application to the Competition except for categories in which third party nominations are publicly invited.
• You must ensure that your business complies with all current and relevant legal and licensing obligations before submitting an application. The judges reserve the right to not consider an application if this is in doubt and cannot be confirmed.
• You can apply for more than one category, except where specified within the eligibility criteria, but separate applications must be completed for each.
• Applications will only be considered if they are deemed to meet the eligibility criteria for the category.
• Applications will only be considered if they are https://wra.yorkshire.com/apply completed in full and do not exceed the maximum word counts.
• The Organiser reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more appropriate and should this occur the business affected will be informed.
• You must be willing to reimburse the mystery shopper and his/her partner (or family/companions in the case of some visitor attractions or experiences) on departure for the cost of the mystery visit/overnight stay, any meals taken (alcoholic drinks only for pub, taste and hotel categories), or any admission or ticket cost as appropriate to the category. A signed letter will be provided on the mystery shopper’s departure.
• You agree to be part of any publicity undertaken in association with the Competition. If selected as a finalist, you accept and agree that the Organiser and VisitEngland may use or publish any photographs, comments or evidence submitted at any stage of the Competition in any media, waiving any rights to payment or to inspect and approve a finished product.
• Competition judges may decline to award winners at any level in some or all categories, if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
• The prize provided by the Organiser for each winner will be a trophy.
• Competition winners may publicise their success indefinitely provided the placing, category and year are specified in all publicity and materials.
• Competition winners may only use the specific logo issued by the Organiser or VisitEngland and not modify it in any way, nor use, or adapt for use, any other logo connected with the Organiser or VisitEngland.
• The logo may only be used alongside the location or part of the business that has won an award e.g. a self-catering provider with multiple properties across different locations must only use the logo alongside the winning location.
• You confirm that you own the copyright to any photographs included with your application and permit the Organiser and VisitEngland to use these photographs in PR and awards literature if you are short listed as a finalist.
• The Organiser and VisitEngland will not accept responsibility for applications delayed or lost as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure.
• In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition eligibility criteria, application forms, judging process, choice of finalists/winners or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decisions of the Organiser and VisitEngland shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
• Welcome to Yorkshire is a membership organisation and entry to the White Rose Awards is free for members. We encourage all entrants to become a member in order to maximise the promotion associated with the awards. Non-members who apply will be given the option of becoming a member or paying a fee of £200 + VAT for their entry. Please email email@example.com if you would like to learn more about the benefits of becoming a member of Welcome to Yorkshire.
• The 2019 awards, including membership, relates to the 12-month period of business between 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
• New businesses, providing they have been in operation from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 are eligible to submit entries into all relevant award categories. The exception to this is the "New Tourism Business Award" . Business need to have
- been trading for at least six months and up to two years when the application process opens.
- Your business must be located within the boundaries of North, South, East or West Yorkshire.
• Should you win an award in your local/regional Competition you may be automatically put forward for national judging by VisitEngland for the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.
• You must notify the Organiser in writing at the time of application if you do not wish to be put forward for national judging
• In rare circumstances VisitEngland may deem that an application does not meet the eligibility criteria and reserves the right not to consider the application for national judging
• It is not possible to revisit your application prior to being put forward for national judging
• VisitEngland reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more appropriate
• The prize provided by VisitEngland for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy. There is no cash alternative. Any queries in relation to national judging should be directed to VEAwards@visitengland.org